The New Year has just started. I am thinking of writing this post for the last week but every day we receive guests at home and the days are passing extremely fast.
When I look back, 2015 recalls many and colourful experiences and developments. Some of them positive, some negative but very educational and self development-wise. It is very popular lately to share the ideas of eliminating people around you that “eat” your energy and that stops you from achieving the things you want to achieve. Well, it is true!
Last year was a very much reorganising for me. Living abroad sometimes makes you feel like making more compromises with the friends you make, with the people you communicate with. After all you have empty contacts and unfortunately one very sad and empty soul. I was lucky to go through really tuff times and to grow and learn from it. Many illusions died and very good plans were born.
My mom always says – when you lose something you don’t know what you win. I made sure I “lost” some people (literary stopped any communication with them) and a week after the opportunities were unleashed! I couldn’t be more relieved! So, to make the long story short, here are my professional and personal achievements in 2015, I wanted to share with you. And I do this not to tap myself on the shoulder but to inspire you to unleash your potential without having the fear that you can lose something. Sometimes losing is winning.
So, here they are:
- 2 invitations for giving speeches in Europe
- 2 qualification courses in negotiations, marketing and sales
- A confirmed big teaching project in Belgium
- Teaching project from my former employer who opened an education center in Bulgaria
- Some consultancy activities
- Soft skills master classes around Europe planned for 2016
- Many read books
- 3 more qualification courses on the way to be finished in 2016
- Big improvement in direction of personal development
- My partner and me created a life – this was the second time for me.
- My first son started 1st grade and even living in Belgium for only a year is one of the best in his class… I can’t be more proud!
- Found new friends and fruitful contacts who gave me what I deserve.
So, having this done, I can’t be more optimistic of starting 2016.
And for all of you, who are on a cross road – please, clean the bad people around you and don’t be afraid to let them go. It is easier to say than to be done but works really great.
Don’t be afraid to do what you want to do. Believe me, if you are really passionate about it, the opportunities will find you – personally tested!
Happy New Year!